Saturday, March 17, 2012

First Post - What is the blog?

Welcome to my blog!  .

What this blog is about

This blog is about a dad who works out of the house.  I am not Mr. Mom (for those of you who don't know, Mr. Mom was a movie about a full-time, stay-at-home dad in the 80s, when it was still a novelty to have a stay at home dad).  I am a consultant who works out of the house about 75% of the time (working by myself and with The Verghis Group).

There are a lot of us!  According to CNET, 37% of the workforce worked from home in 2009.  There are more in 2012 and will be many more in the future.

Being a work-from-home dad is wonderful yet frustrating, difficult yet rewarding.  I expect to share thoughts on work/life management, small victories in both, and great stories overall.  One of Harvard Business Review's blogs suggested that work/life balance is a key to competitiveness.  I totally agree.  It isn't as easy as it sounds.

I am nearly 4 years in and am still learning.

What this blog isn't

If you are looking for opportunities to work from home, this isn't the place.  There are lots of sites dedicated to work-from-home jobs (watch out for scams!).

So join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment